You have had a tooth removal with a bone graft to the socket to build up the bone and to preserve the bone for a possible implant or to just keep the proper contour.
Here are some of the Dos and Do Nots:
- Do brush your other teeth and keep them awake.
- Do chew on the side opposite of the graft.
- Do try to leave the membrane and sutures over the graft area for as long as possible. Usually, this is about a week and a half to two weeks.
- Do take your antibiotics until you have taken them all.
- Do not chew on this area.
- Do not brush this area as to not disturb the graft or sutures.
- Do not play with the area or the membrane over the graft with your tongue or otherwise, but allow it to fall out on its own in about a week and a half to two weeks.
- Do not use straws unless given permission by your doctor.
- Do not rinse or spit with any salt water or mouth rinse until given approval by your doctor.